Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Go Colts


I really didn't have a pro football team to call my own, but somewhere along the way my nine year old son became a fanatic Colts fan, so I guess that made me one too. Last year for Christmas he saved up his money and bought Ezra a Colts jersey to match his own.

So this year when the Colts made it into the Superbowl, our house was full of Manning talk and Tom Brady banter. Since our team was playing in the big game, a celebration was definitely in the works. I took orders for the kids' favorite finger foods and put BBQ pork in the crock pot.
The cake was being made and the drinks were chilling in the freezer. Suddenly the phone rang. Jonathan's friend from Indianapolis was having a big football bash. Would Jonathan like to come over and watch the game, he wondered. Steve and I paused and looked at each other. Since we are flexible and our house was more about the party than the actual game on TV, we figured that we would just move our party up a few hours. Who needed the Superbowl anyway? We could party without the Saints raining on our parade. Our celebration began and ended before the first big commercials even hit the airwaves.
Jonathan was picked up and enjoyed two parties while we put the kids to bed early and watched the game alone in a quiet house with five sleeping babies.

3 comments:

marilee said...

Sure wish I was invited to the Colts party... You have the yummiest food and cakes at your house, Camille!

Jonny said...

Stuffed mushrooms are my favorite. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Gretta Spendlove said...

What wise parents, to have your own party and let Jonathan be with his friends, too! And there are worse things than putting the kids to bed and watching the game yourselves....