Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An Ongoing Dilemma

To stroller or not to stroller? For about the last fourteen years I have always been conflicted on whether or not to bring a stroller when we go out. Usually I run into two scenarios: the children who I want to be in the stroller insist on walking and the children who I want to have walk insist on being in the stroller, or nobody will ride in the stroller and I am left with two hands on the stroller handle bar and no hands left to grab stray wandering children. In London, with subways and trains that required us to go up and down, narrow sidewalks packed with pedestrians, and stairs at every attraction, we decided to leave the stroller behind. Jonathan was a great sport when Mia fell asleep, as were Sarah, Emilie and Annie. Everyone carried the little ones, leaving our hands free, but also leaving us exhausted by the end of the day. I wish that I had an answer to my dilemma.

1 comment:

Gretta Spendlove said...

One solution--you call it "lifting weights" and take delight in what great exercise hauling around little kids is.... Of course, you, Camille are already model-lean, probably because you do so much hauling! Jono is a hero in that picture.