Friday, March 9, 2012

Sarah Jane


As soon as Sarah joined us at JFK, I knew that I had chosen the right person to be my children's nanny. She immediately began playing games with Ezra and Mia and asked just the right questions of my older children. Before we boarded our plane, she open her backpack. It was clear that she had come prepared. She handed out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to each one of us, but not before she dabbed each child's hands with Purell which she came armed with. Sarah knows when to pick up a crying child, what car games will entertain a 7 year year old and how to hang out with my older children. However, this is not all that Sarah can do. Sarah can navigate, give us little bits of information about where we are going, jump out of the car to ask questions from the locals, sometimes even in French, pack and unpack suit cases and the back of a very full van over and over and guide me in and out of the tiniest alley ways and parking spots. I love Sarah Jane.

3 comments:

Jonny said...

Sarah Jane seems awesome! Jenny and I decided that Jenny's going to have to learn Gaelic to help you guys navigate through Ireland. Keep the posts coming, we look forward to them every morning.

Gretta Spendlove said...

Sarah Jane sounds like Mary Poppins! How lucky you are to have her. Love, Mom

SJ said...

that girl is sort of cute. maybe she'll find herself a fella in europe.