Friday, March 30, 2012

Doing Business


Somewhere along the way, Ezra has picked up a little business sense. He has found that if he can talk me into giving him one euro for a treat, and he spends it wisely, he can turn a profit. He usually buys a bag of little candies and then sells each individual candy to his siblings, which eventually brings in more than the one euro with which he started. All of his siblings are happy to purchase his small goods, including Mia. Mia comes running to me for change to give to Ezra. Of course this means that I am paying more than twice for the treat. His latest business idea involves the birds in Spain. Sophia and Ezra realized that there were quite a few different species of birds around our condominium. At first they loved to go out on the balcony and watch them. They then began feeding them, and soon they turned the whole balcony into a bird sanctuary. Early one morning I came out and found birds perched all along the railing! Once they saw that their business had potential, they came to me and asked if I would pay them to take care of the birds.

3 comments:

Mike Spendlove said...

Sounds like an entrepreneur in the making... Maybe I'll take a page out of Ezra's book and sell candy to the Ebert kids next time I visit.

Jonny said...

That's awesome. Mike started selling candy to the neighborhood kids when he was 10(and apparently he's still a candyman), but Ezra appears to be ahead of the game.

Gretta Spendlove said...

What a cute guy that Ezra is! I remember taking him to Toys'r'Us to buy birthday presents, and noting how shrewd and decisive he was. That photo of him on my blog, surrounded by a dozen gifts, all for $75, says it all!