Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Costa del Sol



We spent a week on the Southern coast of Spain. Our day trips were interspersed with time at the pool and on the beach. We appreciated the condo we stayed in for which my parents traded one of their condos. The outdoor pool was so tempting, but unfortunately it was just under the threshold of what would have been bearable, even for eager 7 and 9 year olds.
Instead we swam indoors. We all found it interesting that it is required in Spain that everyone wear a swim cap. (The kids were adorable in them. I wish I had taken a photo!) We also enjoyed the beach. Once again, too cold to swim in, but perfect for wading and playing in the sand.
We have learned to love the quiteness of off-season. For us it works perfectly.
It was nice to have a couple of days without an agenda.

3 comments:

Mike Spendlove said...

Looks like a nice break in your otherwise action-packed schedule! Like you, some of the most incredible moments I've had when traveling have been when I've been able to visit a famous site without the crowds.

Jonny said...

Nothing like a day or two at the beach!

Gretta Spendlove said...

What charming pictures of the beach! You almost persuade me to try it some time... Actually, I think that's wonderful you were able to relax. That will enable you to enjoy your busy parts of the trip more.